Powerful single-tenant Bare Metal servers with cloud-like automation, custom components and hardware level control. Perfectly suited for specialized high-end workloads.
What is a Dedicated Server?
More specifically, Dedicated Server is a powerful single-tenant machine that only belongs to a single owner and has no virtualization layer. Being virtualization-free it has increased compute efficiency, higher security and no noisy neighbor effect.
There are two types of Dedicated Servers available at Cherry Servers:
- Pre-built Dedicated Servers have a fully automated provisioning system that runs a multi-step server preparation process to give you a clean and safe server each time on-demand. You get Linux servers deployed in 3 to 10 minutes, while Windows servers take around 20 minutes to be deployed.
- Custom Dedicated Servers can be created online through a Custom Server Builder, and may take up to 24 hours to be deployed, with an average deployment time of around 2 hours. You may change almost any hardware component of a Dedicated Server by adding extra RAM, storage disks, or even GPU accelerators.
Dedicated servers are billed on an hourly or fixed-term basis, with monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual billing cycles available. You may order Dedicated Servers through your Client Portal or automate provisioning via Cherry Servers API.
What are available Dedicated Server categories?
There is a wide portfolio of high-end Intel Xeon, Gold and AMD EPYC Dedicated Servers available at Cherry Servers. For the sake of convenience Dedicate Servers are categorized according to the Geekbench 5 CPU benchmarks.
- Lightweight. Servers range from ~3500 to ~4100 CPU mark (higher is better), and may include plans like E3-1240Lv5, E5-1620v4, E3-1240v3, E3-1240v5 and others.
- Middleweight. Servers range from ~4800 to ~21000 CPU mark (higher is better), and may include server plans like AMD EPYC 7402P, Intel Gold 6230R, Xeon E5-1650v4 and others.
- Heavyweight. Servers range from ~6300 to ~31700 CPU mark (higher is better), and may include server plans like 2x AMD EPYC 7402, 2x Intel Gold 6230R, 4x Xeon E5-4620v3 and others.
There are free traffic plans included for each Dedicated Server, according to its CPU count. Single CPU servers have from 30 to 100TB of free traffic, Dual CPU servers have 100TB of free traffic, while Quadruple CPU servers have 200TB of free traffic included by default, according to our Bandwidth Plans, and above that you pay €0.5 / TB / month for any extra traffic.
What operating systems are available?
We support the following operating systems at the moment:
- Ubuntu - versions 14.04, 16.04, 18.04 and 20.04 available;
- CentOS - version 7;
- CloudLinux - version 7;
- AlmaLinux - version 8
- Debian - versions 9, 10, 11;
- OpenSUSE - version Leap 15;
- Windows Server - versions 2016, 2019, 2022 available;
- Self-install OS - you may install any selected operating system through an ISO drive that you can mount via an out-of-band management Console (IP KVM). Learn more.
- Proxmox - version 6.3;
- VMware ESXi - enterprise class type-1 hypervisor;
Additional IP Addresses
In additional to the static Management IP address that is automatically assigned to every server upon deployment, you may add a number of additional IP addresses to your Dedicated Server:
- Floating IP. A plublic IPv4 address that can be instantly moved from one server to another within the same region.
- DDoS Protected Floating IP. A floating IP address that has an additional layer of DDOS scrubbing protection applied in real-time.
- IP Subnet. A public IP subnet with an included gateway.
Elastic Block Storage
Elastic Bloc Storage is a powerful & secure software-defined data storage, that is perfectly suited for public and private cloud environments, or Kubernetes clusters.
Private VLAN Subnet
Private VLAN Subnet is a virtual local area network (VLAN) interface that groups servers within a Team to enable private interactions, as if the servers were attached to the same wire.
Local BGP is a way to automatically manage your network routing through the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) within a single Cherry Servers region.
Monitoring is based on a Sensu agent that is automatically installed on every pre-built server to track its CPU, memory, network and disk performance in real-time.
Out-of-band Management Console
Out-of-band management (OOBM) Console is a remote server management technology that plugs into keyboard, video and mouse ports (KVM), and transmits input/output through the internet protocol (IP)
Server tagging is a way to mark your cloud infrastructure resources in any organizational pattern of your choice, which helps you organize, control and monitor your cloud resources better.
Cloud-init is a service that allows you fetch user data when provisioning new servers via API.